Sep 082011

Anyone who loves maps remembers clearly when their obsession started.  For me, it was spending hours poring over a tattered Reader’s Digest Atlas tracing the mountains, glens, islands and lochs of Scotland and exploring far flung places that were a million miles away for me.  Today, watching this video of Jerry’s Map, has reminded me of that original feeling of inspiration from exploring my atlas and the joy of discovering the world of maps.  Jerry spends his days working on a map built from his imagination.  It’s incredible and a wonderful example of the beauty of maps.

3 Responses to “Inspiring maps – Jerry’s Map”

1. Nice post, cheers for the tip-off, added a post to the GoGeo blog:
    http://gogeo.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2011/09/08/jerrys-map-an-obsession-with-maps/

2. It’s great isn’t it.
    I recently bought a section of map on eBay and am going to be writing about Jerry for the next issue of GA Magazine. I e-mailed him some questions and he told me a bit about his school geography experiences.

• Great stuff Alan, I’ll look forward to reading your article. It is fantastic, amazing dedication and imagination. I think a map section will be going on my Christmas list :)

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.