This course will focus on the teaching and assessment of geography throughout the primary phase linked to the requirements of the new Ofsted Framework and the National Curriculum. We will investigate what key knowledge and skills children require to be successful geographers.
During the session we will consider:
- Auditing, monitoring and evaluating geography provision in your school
- Progression and assessment of geographical skills, knowledge and concepts
- Developing the use of ICT and technology including digital mapping
- Creative ideas for activities including fieldwork
- Sharing of good practice and resource ideas
This course is suitable for those new to geography subject leadership or those who require a refresher linked to recent Ofsted developments.
This course will be run by:
Rowena Pryor, Teaching and Learning Consultant, Lancashire County Council
Supported by Peter O’Hare from Digimap for Schools and Darren Bailey from The Ordnance Survey Education team.
For further details contact email@example.com
Book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/primary-geography-subject-leaders-yorkshire-network-meeting-tickets-61146658301